Horizon Discovery greatly values our relationship with our customers, and we are committed to supporting you and your important work. The COVID-19 outbreak is highly disruptive and presents many challenges and uncertainties. To contend with this, Horizon Discovery has actioned business continuity plans aimed at safeguarding our employees and their dependents while maintaining our inventory, manufacturing, production and service capacity.
As part of our business continuity plans, we invested in an IT infrastructure that enables effective remote working when needed. Our experienced laboratory teams can work flexibly, facilitating different working patterns that will both minimize the impact of COVID-19 and meet our duty of care to our employees.
Both our UK and US sites are currently open and as an absolute priority, we will be continuing to run our client projects without disruption. We have put in place contingency measures to support any additional changes that might be necessitated by the fluidity of the current situation.
These changes include, but are not limited to:
- Minimizing the number of employees onsite at any given time through working from home for staff who do not need to be in the laboratories and extended working hours to meet both business and family needs.
- Securing critical materials to enable our continued operations to support our customers’ needs and securing our supply chains where possible and practicable.
- Restricting all visitors to our sites, other than those that are critical to maintaining our operational capabilities, and meeting customers using virtual technologies to reduce the risks to all parties.
- Restricting travel for all employees as necessitated by relevant Government guidelines.
- Having independent UK and US COVID-19 teams to assess the daily impact Government and Federal guidelines will have on our business.
Horizon Discovery has implemented these changes to maintain business as usual while safeguarding employees and customers, and meeting the requirements issued by relevant Governments. We are not currently experiencing any delays in either distributing our products or running our service projects and we remain responsive to any changes in advice impacting our laboratories in both the US and the UK. Should we experience any delays that impact our customers we will be contacting those affected directly. If you have any concerns regarding ongoing projects or product shipments, please do reach out using your normal point of contact, such as our commercial team or project management team, or contact us at: email@example.com.
Our teams are working hard to support you on the path from research to therapy during these challenging times.
Terry Pizzie, CEO